2018-2019 Premier League Season

Threads
With just a little over a week to go before the first shot in anger, this is setting up to be another wild ride.

All contenders will be looking to knock Man City off their perch as champs, though City look to be just as strong as they were last season.

This is shaping up to be implosion year for Mourinho and Man U. Lots of noisy discontentment in the dressing room apparently. I must say, this is typical of Mourinho's tenure at other clubs.

Liverpool will look to go all the way, but how much of an impact can their new keeper make?....and will Mo Salah return to his electrifying form of last season?

Chelsea seem at sixes and sevens. It took them a long time to hire a manager, there doesn't seem to be a Costa replacement there yet, and both Willian and Hazard have been transfer targets....not to mind their want-away goalie, Courtois.

Spurs appear to have fended off big money moves for their biggest assets.....for now. They'll soon be back playing in their own ground, where I expect them soon to be back playing for a chance at Europa League.

The Gunners enter a new era. For the first time in nearly a quarter century, there will be no Arsène Wenger. Unai Emery has joined the club as manager and made some early signings to shore up a lackluster defense. I could see him get as high as third in his first season.

Of the newly promoted, I've a soft spot for Fulham. Craven Cottage is easily the nicest ground in European Football. Would like to see them stay up.

Hard to say who will be relegated, but Tottenham would be one I'd like to see go down.

OP
OP
Cathal Ó'Chontúirt
Threads
Big game about to get underway at Landsdowne. Preseason, I know, but a chance to see what these two new managers' styles are like.

truthseeker

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Well, looking at the state of the Teams I predict it will be a battle between City and Liverpool. Arsenal could be dark horses for third fighting Spurs.

Man Utd will regret employing Jose as their manager, if the signs of the preseason tour are anything to go by the man is set to implode again. Chelsea has weakened their team and their manager, I expect them to finish around 8th.

Threads
I object to the forum being labelled 'soccer', tis an affront to moi's human rights and an abuse of the non ball slapping minority... Football is for everywan nat just muck savages...

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
I object to the forum being labelled 'soccer', tis an affront to moi's human rights and an abuse of the non ball slapping minority... Football is for everywan nat just muck savages...
But sure the lads from Kerry would only get confused.

OP
OP
Cathal Ó'Chontúirt
Threads
Bit of a snooze fest in Landsdowne. Goals bookending the game before Arsenal win it on penalties.

Not a whole lot to be learned from it really.

Top Bottom