20 Years Gone: NATO's "Humanitarian" Mission in Serbia

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Do you know this National Bolshevik song about NATO messing in Yugoslavia from a French band? You have reminded me of a French friend of mine who loved the war cry "Paris with Belgrade! Paris with Gaza! Intifada!" (it sounds much better in French). I should message her now. She is currently working as a Social Worker in extremely nasty places, she has literally walked through riots, extremely tough woman who is OAS aristocracy.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Twenty Years Later: The Legacy of NATO’s War against the Serbs

Twenty years ago the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, led by the United States, waged a relentless 78-day bombing campaign against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, consisting of Serbia and Montenegro (March 24-June 10, 1999). This act of naked illegal aggression marked a significant turning point, not only for America and NATO but also for everyone else. The rules-based international order—and its two keystones, the principle of state sovereignty and of the rule of law itself—had been subverted in the name of an allegedly humanitarian ideology. Facts had been converted into fiction, and even the fictions invoked to justify the aggression had given up all pretense to credibility. Old systems for the protection of national liberties, political, legal and economic, over the ensuing two decades have been turned into vehicles for their destruction.

Far from demonstrating the vigor of Western ruling elites in their ruthless pursuit of an ideology of multiethnic democracy and international human rights, NATO’s 1999 war against the Serbs—and more generally America’s Balkan entanglements since 1991—provide a disturbing revelation of those ruling elites’ moral corruption and cultural decay. The consequences for the international system, and for the security and stability of the world as a whole, are grave in the extreme.

Top Bottom