1970s, 1980s Dublin Airport, Aer Lingus, HD from 35mm

I used to work for Aer lingus 10 years ago. When I got the job I felt like I'd won the lottery. It was a very hard company to get into. They simply never hired people. Fast forward to 2019, they cant get people to work for them. I see on LinkedIn every day they are screaming for engineers.

Catalpa

PI Member
I used to work for Aer lingus 10 years ago. When I got the job I felt like I'd won the lottery. It was a very hard company to get into. They simply never hired people. Fast forward to 2019, they cant get people to work for them. I see on LinkedIn every day they are screaming for engineers.
Please tell us why?

- it used to be a Dream job of every middle class boy or girl to land a job as a Pilot or Air Hostess

- High Flyers an all that...

Please tell us why?

- it used to be a Dream job of every middle class boy or girl to land a job as a Pilot or Air Hostess

- High Flyers an all that...
Money, they are a legacy carrier that haven't kept up with pay scales. Also, they dont have the same amount of an employers market they used to have, as there are more airlines and jobs around. Also combine this with renting in dublin. Even in the height of the boom, dublin was still far less expensive than it is now.

There used to be a sense of pride in working for EI, now that is probably diminished as they are owned by IAG.

Top Bottom