14 May 1977: ‘Bless me Father for I have sinned’ - The strange death and disappearance of Captain Robert Nairac on this day.

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
Who is giving him the alibis?
Tbh when even the IRA human rights centre can't pin anything on him ye have to accept that there is no evidence...

However a group representing victims of loyalist attacks says it is “unable to prove or disprove” allegations about Nairac.

The comments came from victims’ group Justice For The Forgotten, which is affiliated with the Pat Finucane Centre and represents victims of loyalist bombings in the south and the Miami Showband murders.

El Chaval.

PI Member
Fred Holroyg and Colin Wallace wrote extensively about deep connections between the British Intel and Loyalists. They also mentioned a Dundalk Garda known as The Badger who had links to British Intel and was evolved in the murder of an IRA man.
He was never arrested despite the allegation.

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
Tbh when even the IRA human rights centre can't pin anything on him ye have to accept that there is no evidence...

However a group representing victims of loyalist attacks says it is “unable to prove or disprove” allegations about Nairac.

The comments came from victims’ group Justice For The Forgotten, which is affiliated with the Pat Finucane Centre and represents victims of loyalist bombings in the south and the Miami Showband murders.
I guess we might never know.

TommyTayto

PI Member

No evidence because the British state refuses to release it's information on him and many others. But there's no evidence that he's dead either but I think most people would believe he was unless your a Prod.

seanof

PI Member
Many years ago, a native of the area told me as a matter of fact that Nairac's body had been minced at night and outside working hours at a German sausage factory in Ravensdale, Dundalk. I haven't been enthusiastic about salami since.

parentheses

PI Member
I don't see the propaganda value in disappearing him.
Had they thought it out they could have bartered a prisoner release.
No. It would have led to massive security searches in both sides of the border. And probably many arrests of IRA suspects. Remember any time Republicans kidnapped people it led to huge security operations.

Wolf

PI Member
Fred Holroyg and Colin Wallace wrote extensively about deep connections between the British Intel and Loyalists. They also mentioned a Dundalk Garda known as The Badger who had links to British Intel and was evolved in the murder of an IRA man.
He was never arrested despite the allegation.
Hardly a surprise that.
AGS were, and are, well capable of playing for both sides....

El Chaval.

PI Member
Hardly a surprise that.
AGS were, and are, well capable of playing for both sides....
The Badger led British operatives to an IT'S dump in the 26 counties, where they half sawed the firing pin of a grenade launcher with a hacksaw making it highly volatile. It later exploded as it was being transported on a motorbike killing one.
Holroyd served as Intel officer in Portadown, and revealed this in his book.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Like many things during the troubles the further away we get from them time wise the more reality is replaced with myth...
Congratulations on composing a response in non-pidgin Scots. The more people clamor and dig for the truth, the likelier it will come to light, as proven by Loughinisland and countless other atrocities. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Top Bottom