14 May 1977: ‘Bless me Father for I have sinned’ - The strange death and disappearance of Captain Robert Nairac on this day.

Sham Fox

The Gulag Party
Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
It has been claimed that he loved Ireland. He spent a year in UCD studying Irish history I think?

He may have been a devout Catholic too?

It's unfortunate that he's become a legend in some circles and a super villain in others.

Anyhoo, I wish the PIRA would pass on the location of his "resting place" to his family. My understanding is that his sisters are still alive. I'm sure they'd like to give him a proper burial.
I doubt it will happen. I think its possible he really was fed to pigs.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Well, the Sinn Fein/PIRA should just close the matter. Although it probably wouldn't go down to well with the voters.

The lad on the left of the photo is Capt. Simon Hayward of the Blues and Royals. He's worth googling.

Personally I think he's a more notorious figure in murky British Intelligence ops in NI during the troubles.

El Chaval.

PI Member
Between the IRA and the Brits asshole ?
Ffs .
That's exactly my point.
PIRA never tried the tactic.
Now you're saying it's a stupid tactic, because there's no history of success....exactly because it wasn't tried.
And now you're losing your mind, and getting angry over a mundane conversation about an event in the 70s.???

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Ffs .
That's exactly my point.
Now you're saying it's a stupid tactic, because there's no history of success....exactly because it wasn't tried.
And now you're losing your mind, and getting angry over a mundane conversation about an event in the 70s.???
Did Tommy Tayto grow up in the North and experience what you did as a pup in Derry, Kid?

TommyTayto

PI Member
Ffs .
That's exactly my point.
The IRA tried it 1919 - 21 never worked. Or are you going to tell me it would have worked if you had been negotiating ?

Top Bottom