Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

‘We Lied, Cheated and Stole’: Pompeo Comes Clean About CIA

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member

Covert operations, ousting democratically elected governments, inciting revolts and supporting transnational companies are run of the mill actions for the CIA.

United States Secretary of State and former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director (2017 - 2018), Mike Pompeo, admitted to an audience from Texas A&M University on April 15, that the agency especially trains employees to “lie, cheat and steal.”

“When I was a cadet, what’s the cadet motto at West Point? You will not lie, cheat, or steal or tolerate those who do. I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment,” Pompeo boasted as the audience laughed and celebrated the statement.

Ted

PI Member
In 2018, one of its offshoots, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) channeled over US$23 million to meddle in the internal affairs of key Latin American countries, under the flagship of “human rights” or “democracy,” which represent a real menace for national sovereignty and the continuity of progressive governments in the region and the world.

That sounds a lot like what George Soros is doing in Ireland.

bells of shandon

PI Member
And they have not stopped, Syrias oil, Ghadaffis gold,Ukraines IMF Loans,Venezuelas and Irans bank accounts ,Russia wealth back in the 90's etc.
The USA is a Mafia operation disguised as a Democracy.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
In 2018, one of its offshoots, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) channeled over US$23 million to meddle in the internal affairs of key Latin American countries, under the flagship of “human rights” or “democracy,” which represent a real menace for national sovereignty and the continuity of progressive governments in the region and the world.

That sounds a lot like what George Soros is doing in Ireland.

I'd be surprised if the CIA are not doing it in Ireland too. Let's not forget that when Varadkar was a student he was brought to the USA for "training in democracy." All expenses paid - by someone....

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
I'd be surprised if the CIA are not doing it in Ireland too. Let's not forget that when Varadkar was a student he was brought to the USA for "training in democracy." All expenses paid - by someone....
Their tentacles extend everywhere. Any American with diplomatic credentials is a potential spook. Too bad they're not at all bothered with diplomacy and thus view subversion as their raison d'etre.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Truman saw the light and opined early on that the CIA was getting too big for its britches, but noone heeded him. How many calamities ensued because the intelligence agencies asserted that anyone questioning their aims and their budget was un-American, thereby cowing opponents into submission and silence? What a bunch of utter bullshit.

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Truman saw the light and opined early on that the CIA was getting too big for its britches, but noone heeded him. How many calamities ensued because the intelligence agencies asserted that anyone questioning their aims and their budget was un-American, thereby cowing opponents into submission and silence? What a bunch of utter bullshit.
JFK also wanted to reel in the CIA and made this one of his top priorities to do so as president.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
JFK also wanted to reel in the CIA and made this one of his top priorities to do so as president.
That's one narrative, but I don't subscribe to it. He certainly made nary a peep when he knew full well that South Vietnam's Diem was soon going to be pushing up daisies and his uninspired "pay any price, bear any burden" inaugural address flies in the face of this.

I'm no fan of the Kennedy family or "Camelot" because they epitomize all the negative stereotypes attributed to shanty Irish and that colors my judgment. That said, Kennedy was no dragon slayer when it came to the intelligence agencies.

The Mafia was a far greater threat than the spooks.

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
That's one narrative, but I don't subscribe to it. He certainly made nary a peep when he knew full well that South Vietnam's Diem was soon going to be pushing up daisies and his uninspired "pay any price, bear any burden" inaugural address flies in the face of this.

I'm no fan of the Kennedy family or "Camelot" because they epitomize all the negative stereotypes attributed to shanty Irish and that colors my judgment. That said, Kennedy was no dragon slayer when it came to the intelligence agencies.

The Mafia was a far greater threat than the spooks.
Some good points there. But it is still evident that the CIA does a Brutus wherever it sees a Caesar.

Top Bottom