‘Be CAREFUL what you wish for’ - Diane Abbott says Leave would WIN a second Brexit vote

El Chaval.

PI Member
Speaking of passports, people over 40 will remember the old Irish passport. It was a pretty green colour. Distinctive. I was proud to present that passport at places throughout the world.

But our eurotoadies judged it too distinctively Irish. They insisted on scrapping the Green Passport and introducing one with a "Euro" burgundy colour. It's ugly, just like the euro coins are ugly. It is not distinctively Irish, which is of course apt given the fact that hundreds of thousands of non-Irish now brandish it. I am now ashamed to present the Irish passport overseas.

It is important to note that the EU does NOT prescribe the colours of national passports, it was just our eurotoady dogs wanting toe lick the EU's leg.
It used to be seen as a life saver in a terrorist attack or hostage situation. Not anymore.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
The major decision has been made. The last 3 years has been about creating bad faith negotiations in order to attempt to justify a second vote.
Are people on mature reflection entitled to change their minds?
The Irish constitutions ban on divorce was criticized for compelling people to abide by a single decision for all time .
On an issue like staying/leaving an undemocratic institution like the EU surely people should be permitted a second and final vote?

jpc

PI Member
they are scared the brits will make a success of brexit and other nations will be encouraged to leave
Maybe they will.
Maybe not.
That's another discussion.
Having a nation that is probably going to become more hostile to the "European project" as time goes on.
Could be a huge error for the eurocrats. Let them deal with that.
"Oh we're going to impose penalties on the UK"
Yeah right!

jpc

PI Member
And correct me if I'm wrong.
Didn't the EU bureaucracy tell the Scots in quite a haughty manner that they would have to reapply for EU admission?.
Same island one small group told one thing.
The whole island told another.
Whatever happens we are going to take a hell of a financial hit for one.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
LABOUR OFFICIALLY ADOPT POLICY TO REMAIN
Lifelong Eurosceptic Jeremy Corbyn has finally relented to immense pressure within his party to throw his support fully behind a second referendum and Remaining in the EU. The writing was on the wall for his personal Brexit resistance after Len McCluskey folded last night. One final roll of the dice to try to save his own skin…
Labour say that the Shadow Cabinet has finally agreed on a “settled Brexit position” to:
“challenge whoever emerges as the leader of the Conservative Party to have the confidence to put their deal to the people in a referendum, with remain on the ballot, in which Labour would campaign for remain.”
What they still haven’t clarified is what they would do if they ended up in Government trying to negotiate Brexit themselves. The Unions’ position is that Labour’s stance in that case would depend on the deal negotiated. Would be strange for them to negotiate a deal and then immediately campaign against it…

blue velvet

PI Member
LABOUR OFFICIALLY ADOPT POLICY TO REMAIN
Lifelong Eurosceptic Jeremy Corbyn has finally relented to immense pressure within his party to throw his support fully behind a second referendum and Remaining in the EU. The writing was on the wall for his personal Brexit resistance after Len McCluskey folded last night. One final roll of the dice to try to save his own skin…
Labour say that the Shadow Cabinet has finally agreed on a “settled Brexit position” to:

What they still haven’t clarified is what they would do if they ended up in Government trying to negotiate Brexit themselves. The Unions’ position is that Labour’s stance in that case would depend on the deal negotiated. Would be strange for them to negotiate a deal and then immediately campaign against it…
Seemingly the knives were out for Jezza within Labour. The Remainer establishment who dominate the party want Corbyn advisors Seamus Milne and Kerrie Murphy sacked, as they see them as the blockers to taking up a clear second referendum position. McDonnell has been swung by this group as well.

Corbyn looks to have caved to this Remainer Establishment within Labour. His position was under threat if he didn't.

missy

PI Member
I painted mine green.
I suggest all true Irish patriots do likewise.

If asked at custom control just explain the document fell into a tin of green paint.
Do you know, if anyone else claimed that, I'd accuse them of lying.
But I'm inclined to believe you.

PapaQuebec

Donator
PI Member
Are people on mature reflection entitled to change their minds?
The Irish constitutions ban on divorce was criticized for compelling people to abide by a single decision for all time .
On an issue like staying/leaving an undemocratic institution like the EU surely people should be permitted a second and final vote?
That's not the case though, is it?

It might now be more than three years since the referendum but remainers have been playing that card since 24/06/16.

I'm frankly surprised at you FM, to be quite honest!

TW Tone

PI Member
I painted mine green.
I suggest all true Irish patriots do likewise.

If asked at custom control just explain the document fell into a tin of green paint.

The fact is that the Irish passport could have perfectly maintained its traditional color.
There was no compunction from the EU to change the colour, it was one more craven decision by the rabble who rule us.

hehaw hehaw

PI Member
Some remoaners and remainiacs in parliament and beyond are the scum of the earth! Not content with ignoring a number of democratic votes they are now prepared to attempt to bring down a government and install a user like Steptoe or even Clark to defy the will of the electorate with the aid of the squawker Bercow. Shame is so far beyond them. They behave with all of the self-awareness of a pair of mating mongrels in need of a bucket of water to release each other in the middle of a street. How desperately pathetic can they get? Answers on the back of an envelope sent to their mums

Top Bottom